High pressure fire hoses serve as a tool to control, reduce and eliminate fires. Regular testing not only guarantees that hoses meet all inspection standards, but also provides peace of mind—that in the event of a fire, all of the necessary tools are on hand to save valuable property and lives. In addition, fire hose testing reduces the chance of property damage or serious injury resulting from non-working fire hoses that slow or stop the flow of water due to hose kinks or blocked nozzles or that burst under high pressure because of torn or worn jackets. Cofessco Fire Protection can provide fire hose service for your peace of mind.
Fire Hose Service: Inspection, testing and maintenance
- Re-rack, re-reel, or re-roll so that any folds do not occur at the same position on the hose.
- Physical inspection determines the hose, couplings, and any nozzles have not been vandalized, are free of debris, and do not exhibit evidence of mildew, rot, or damage by chemicals, burns, cuts, abrasion, and vermin.
The nozzle inspection shall verify the following:
- The waterway is clear
- There is no damage to the tip
- All controls and adjustments operate as designed
- The shut off valve, if so equipped, operates as designed and closes off the flow completely
- There are no missing or broken parts
- The thread gasket is in good condition in accordance with NFPA
"I would like to tell you how much we enjoyed Bryan’s work here on Wednesday. He was able to answer all of our questions and suggest various improvements. Not only was he professional but he was very personable and helpful. We appreciate how successful we have been with your company. Thanks so much for your service!"
"A big THANK YOU to you and your guys ... I feel that on a scale from 1 to 10 we got a 9 on our inspection yesterday with the State Inspections."
"Your crew has just left. Excellent courteous service!"
"I appreciate the time you took to explain our equipment to my staff”
"I felt good about the job you performed”